Friday, October 21, 2011

Today I got paid

Cash Money, Baby
Today I got paid. As that cash hit the bank my net worth completed its metamorphosis - delicately, like a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis in spectacular array - from red to black. That's right, positive net worth for the first time in two years! I'm pretty excited about this achievement, considering freak-spider-attack ER visit set me back $400*.

Achieving positive net worth was Goal #2 for the year. So it looks like I'm on track. This year's third and final goal is a bit more difficult: achieving debt freedom. Goal #1, "Project Kick Sallie Mae in the Face," has helped out with that one ($23k in student loans paid off). Current debts include Tiny Car's payment and these new, exciting hospital bills. First payments for both went out early this week.

Outstanding Debts:
  • Sallie Mae: $0, I win. 
  • Tiny Car: $6800
  • Freak-Spider-Attack ER Visit: $324

*Freak-Spider-Attack Update
Speaking of the freak-spider-attack, it's been two and a half weeks and I still notice that something isn't quite right. Currently it appears the bite site is mutating into a small blister-like bump. That's new. It's like debt - forget about it long enough and that interest builds up menacingly, just below the surface, into a freak-spider-bite bump of evil.

That's a silly way to end this post, but I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment